- Start with a gentle cleanser every morning and night : The most crucial step of any skincare routine is cleansing your skin.For summers, multitask with a double cleanse (Pre-cleanse with a cleansing balm to break make-up) - Yes. Oily skin needs oil too!Double cleansing will clean much deeper into your pores than a single cleanse. Although everyone should cleanse twice a day, you must cleanse your skin properly in the morning if you have oily skin, as the build-up of oil and excess sebum on your skin can clog your pores. Look for gentle cleansers with exfoliating ingredients that are sulphate-free!
- Exfoliate twice a week : You must exfoliate your face once or twice a week to slough away the dead skin cells to avoid clogging of pores.You’re sure to glow with an exfoliant made with 100% Certified Organic Actives to help keep pores clean and clear.This step ensures the removal of dirt, grime, sweat, sunscreen and bacteria that could congest the skin. Exfoliate at least twice a week in summer to encourage the skin’s renewal process and make way for new healthy cells to shine!
- Follow up with a Toner : Add toner to your skincare regime this summer if you haven’t already. The soothing properties of the toner shrink open pores that help control excessive oil production. Spritzing toning mists effectively control oily skin as it removes excess oil produced from facial skin and cleanses & refines enlarged pores, making them less prominent. They also remove any residual oils and impurities that cleansers leave behind.
- Clay Masking once/ twice a week : Clay face masks represent the perfect self-love arsenal for any skincare lover. They aid in soaking up excess oil from the face, removing impurities and bacteria, and soothe your summer-stressed skin.Apply your face mask - invest time in this joyful step, and paint the clean canvas. Rinse it off with cold/lukewarm water, or use a damp face cloth to take off the mask; you'll see much difference from washing it off! Splash a little cold water on your face after removing the mask. Perform this ritual at least once a week!
- USE non-comedogenic, anti-oxidants rich serum : Hydration is the cornerstone for healthy & happy skin - any type. Non-comedogenic products won't clog your pores and allow your skin to breathe and remain hydrated. As they don't contain ingredients that clog or suffocate your skin pores, non-comedogenic products are best known to reduce acne breakouts and feel very light on the skin.Oily skin people benefit A LOT from non-comedogenic products, especially during the summer season. The gel-like texture of the serum melts into a thinner consistency, giving a refreshing and cooling effect!
- Moisturise regularly : Do NOT skip it ! Does oily skin still need moisture? YES!Oil and hydration are NOT the same. Oil is called sebum, and it maintains a barrier on the skin. Skin hydration is when water is reabsorbed into the skin to maintain elasticity and plumpness. There is a belief that you don’t need moisturiser if you have oily skin, but this is wrong. Just because there is a lot of oil on your skin doesn’t necessarily mean that your skin is hydrated. If your skin is dehydrated, you risk inflammation, wrinkles, and premature ageing. Everyone needs a moisturiser in their routine, and if you have oily skin, you need to be careful about the type of moisturiser you are using. Opt for a thin-consistency, non-comedogenic moisturiser that is lightweight and hydrates your skin throughout the day!
- SPF - Apply & Re-apply : Being out in the sun can increase oil production, making your skin even greasier. You need to end with an SPF to protect your skin from the harmful sun rays and prevent sun damage, scarring, ageing and reduce the risk of skin cancer.Opt for a Broad Spectrum Mineral Sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Ingredients like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide can help prevent acne breakouts. Limit your exposure to the sun, especially during peak hours, and RE-apply every 2-3 hours. It’s completely normal for the skin to cry out for extra TLC with the unforgiving heat, humidity, constant sweat, sunscreen application, and grime. Follow these simple steps with 100% Certified Organic Actives, steer away from junk/ fried foods, enjoy seasonal produce and #LiveOrganic!
With the onset of summers, our skin demands a little re-doing of the skincare stash, similar to seasonal wardrobe transitions. The skin encounters higher humidity levels than usual due to the trapped exhaled air. This change upsets the skin’s natural microflora > changing the pH balance of the skin & leading to more breakouts. This one is for our oily-skinned tribe who are having a tough time keeping the sebum and breakouts under control this summer. Oily skin can cause issues like breakouts and oily-shiny looking skin, but you can bring these skin concerns under control with the right routine and products! While we all have the same skin type, our individual needs may vary. So, of course, feel free to tweak it to your liking. Here is the summer skincare routine we recommend following to keep your skin oil-free and clear in this unforgiving weather :